Monday 11 June 2012

London, Baby!

The Hubby and I went to London yesterday and we were actually blessed with nice weather up until when we were leaving to come home! Cue the rain, rain, rain! (English summer, English summer, where art thou?)

So, off we went to the Royal Gallery to see the Leonardo Da Vinci Anatomist Exhibit! We'd left the twins at home with a baby-sitting Nan (thanks Mum!) so we were free from routines and tantrums! We felt like two rebellious teenagers hitting the town (even though we were only off to an art gallery and home by five! Wild!)

I'd bought the tickets for my Husband's birthday as he'd said he'd really love to go. I do like Art, but I was a bit sceptical about liking this exhibit for some reason, looking at a load of old drawings of body parts...hmm.

Anyway, after a stroll through the Royal Gardens, in we went and all I can say is, if you have the opportunity, GO! It really was breathtakingly wonderful. Unique. Eerie. Stunning. Weird. Beautiful. I can't really describe it. It was as if you kind of step back into the 1500's and you are there with him, looking over his shoulder at his works. You can imagine him drawing away by candle light, with old fashioned inks and materials. The ambience, the music, the settings, all added to this unique sensation I felt. Da Vinci's intricacy and attention to detail was simply outstanding and mesmerising. He was certainly well ahead of his times.

I've posted a couple of my favourite images below to share with you all





  



Now, If I can use the same effort and detail Da Vinci put into his drawings and studies, into my writing, I will be laughing! :-)

'Til next time! :-)

Sam x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...