Monday 22 October 2012

Look what I found...

Just a short post to say, look what I have found! 

I visited my Nan yesterday as I do most weekends, but yesterday was different.... I felt like I had stumbled across some treasure! (Oooh arrr, me harties!) 

However, it wasn't treasure in the sense of 'pieces of gold and silver in a grand antique chest' instance. No. (But it is still an exciting type of treasure for a book fanatic!) Instead, it was seven pretty - and some would say, tatty around the edges - little books sitting on her bookcase, all neatly covered in a thin shimmering of dust and neglect. And here they are....



My Nan said she'd picked up in a charity shop a while ago and that I could have them if I wanted to. Of-course I wanted to! I love all books, any genre, hard back, paper back, digital, any shape or form, you name it. But there is something just so magical and special about a paper back Mills & Boon story in the palm of your hand. I can't describe the feeling I get from it - apart from the fact it leaves me feeling warm and fuzzy and all glowy inside. I just love it. I don't think I've read any M&B's before the late 1990's. Some of these are late 1980's, so it'll be interesting to see the style and content in them. I love the covers, just look at them! Eeeek! So, now I just need to crack on and read them. 

As for my lovely Nan, the next time she is in town she is going to have a mooch about the charity shops and buy a load more. Bless her! My buddy, Faith said she has tons from the 1950's onwards - I need to find some them! Now that is real gold and silver treasure. 

'Til next time!

Sam :-) 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...