Monday 21 January 2013

I'm no longer a "Donate Blood Virgin"

So, today is the first day of one of my new years resolutions. Those of you that know me well will know by now that I'm not really big on making new reso's. BUT. This year I wanted to try. I haven't really come up with a 'set' of resolutions as such, instead, I'm just thinking about them and ticking them as they pop into my head. Anyway, I'm digressing....

Today saw the first day of resolution number one become well and truly underway. 

What did she do, I hear you all say....

I GAVE MY FIRST BLOOD DONATION! 

And I feel fantastic! I don't care if I sound a bit over the top here, so please turn away whilst I big myself up for a moment.... I am so proud of myself! I rule! Oh yeah! Go girl! Well done! You've potentially saved a life somewhere down the line. You are a life saver and you should be incredibly proud of yourself.

There, you can look back now :-) Sorry, it had to be done. 

2013 sees the start of my ongoing resolution (for many years to come, I hope) with donating my blood to those that need it. Hey, who knows, one day it could be YOU :-) 

Give Blood @GiveBloodNHS


'Til next time 

Sam :-) 
X


2 comments:

  1. Yay for giving blood. That's on my list! Next time the van comes to town I'm going. I bet it's a brilliant feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aimee! Yeah, it was a great feeling (after getting over the shock of seeing the dude next to me pass out!) To know you've potentially helped/saved someone - amazing. Nothing can compare. I'm DEFINITELY making this a regular thing and have even booked up for my next appointment in May :-) Now, get yourself ready for that van next time it's in your neck of the woods. xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...